I created this recipe as a hummus substitute for Elisa. She is allergic to chickpeas and garlic ( along with many other things).
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 2 Tb Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tb Tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp Basil Paste I use Gourmet Garden brand
- 1/8 cup Extra virgin olive oil I use a brand with a robust flavor
- 5 medium Pimento stuffed green olives chopped
- 5 medium Pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1 Tb Extra virgin olive oil Drizzled over hummus
Remove From Heat & Stir In
- In a small pot, add Cannellini Beans, Fennel Seed, Celery Salt, and Onion powder. Bring the beans & seasoning to a boil. Lower heat & simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove seasoned beans from heat. Stir in Lemon Juice, Tahini, Basil Paste and Olive Oil. Stir well. At this point, you can add ground sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped olives. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the hummus. Serve with gluten free pita bread, carrots, cucumber slices, celery or tortilla chips.